Welcome!
Everyone has heard the phrase "you learn something new everyday." While that phrase is obviously an exaggeration, it is a worthy goal. So with that, I've decided to create this blog and post some new knowledge on a daily basis.
Now, this would be far too easy without a few rules. I could get by with posting the capitals of all the "-stan" countries for about four months, but that would just be cheating. Therefore, each daily knowledge has to be more in depth than stating a simple fact. For example, instead of writing Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan, I could write about the Aral Sea, which lies in both Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. The Aral Sea was once one of the biggest lakes in the world, until the Soviet Union diverted the rivers feeding it for irrigation projects in the 1960s. The lake is now roughly 10% of its original size, and the once prosperous fishing economy is now virtually extinct.
So, as for the rest of these rules I mentioned. Current events do not count (again, too easy). The daily knowledge should be practical and useful ("I'll totally try that next time!"), fascinating ("wow, that's really amazing!"), or inspirational ("I think I'll donate to that cause!") And, of course, each daily knowledge has to be new to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment